Monday, February 05, 2007

Jen Taught an Iris Folding Class

I finally got to teach an iris folding class at a local scrapbook store called Heartfelt Creations. http://www.heartfeltpages.com/ I've taught several classes at church and privately at home three times but this was my first class in a store. I was nervous because I was told that the students like their finished project to look just like the sample. I had a hard time matching a few papers that I had used on my own card and then my Fiskars Ultra cutter blade wouldn't cut the bazzil. It took me several hours just to prep for the class as I had to hand cut my templates and search for the matching papers.

I was so grateful that my students were so kind and patient. We learned a simple circle pattern first before we moved on to the heart. They all picked it up so quick and I was so happy when one of them decided to embellish her card her own way. I even did a jig for her creativity! One of my students even stuck around to make more cards and we had fun picking out papers. My students are all excited to take my next class that I have scheduled for March 1st. We will be doing the Salt Lake Temple and Angel Moroni as well as a castle or Easter pattern for those not wanting to do an LDS pattern. I am always suprised at comments from people who see iris folding who say it looks too hard. When I tell them it is really easy to learn, they just won't believe me. Believe me please, its easy!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Good on you Jen - I believe you would make a really nice teacher